Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Another Blog?

Many seem to have accepted ever-increasing specialization as the path to solving the problems of our increasingly complicated society. I decided to start this blog because I think that synthesizing information from many specialties is the only way to overcome our problems. Because of this approach, I constantly have to search far and wide on the internet to find information on many of the topics that interest me most deeply. There certainly has been no central place for information on truly innovative ideas about how to change public life, education, libraries, video games, politics, the economy, and the environment for the better. If this sounds broad, it is. My aim is to create a place where people who are interested in "making the world a better place," using all the information available to them, no matter what the disciplinary source, can go to find and discuss that information. Hopefully this will help make that change

0 comments: