Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mapping the Future of Education

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I've been working on a seriously overdue paper about the Congressional Hearings on the 1938 Amendment to the Federal Trade Commission Act. I promise, it's waaay more interesting than it sounds. Luckily, when I do goof off, I spend much of my time intrepidly exploring the corners of the intarwebs, seeking treasure for my beloved blog readers. Here's a site that maps predictions of the future forces affecting education in an information-dense, yet intuitive format (with pretty colors!). When you click on one of the colored boxes, it opens up, giving you information about that topic, plus links to "Read a Real-World Application," "Join the Discussion," or "Send Topic to a Colleague." It is rare to see a website that is simultaneously so informative and so well-designed. If you dig ideas about educational innovation, you will dig this site. Kudos to KnowledgeWorks for creating it.

0 comments: