Saturday, February 23, 2008

Homeless Time Travellers

Wow. Homelessness is no laughing matter, but this guy seems to be taking it with good humor. (Thanks 2Spare.) What actually makes me mad, though is that gridskipper can publish what amounts to a DC homelessness travel guide that trivializes homelessness but hides this behind a veil of sympathetic comments. I hate hipsters. Ok, so hate doesn't make the world better, but I sure wish they'd move on to their pupal stage of development, no matter what it is. (If you have any idea, leave it in the comments.) Trivializing homelessness is especially disgusting in the context of the recent tide of unprovoked violence against homeless people. Now that I've depressed you enough, here's something useful a graduate student did to educate people about this problem: Homeless: It's No Game a serious (yet fun and engaging) 2D video game about the problems of homelessness. Play it, and be inspired to go do something!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the following link to be pretty apt in its assessment of hipster life:
http://www.hipsterotica.com/

It made me gag a little bit and crack up a lot.

Cecilia said...

That is too scary. Eeeeew. I just threw up in my mouth a little looking at that site.